AFOG transforming societies, communities and households in Africa through provision of the highest attainable standard of SRHR throughout the lifespan of care.
AFOG is a professional organization that brings together Obstetrical and Gynecological Societies and collaborative partners to Africa.
1. Encouraging all efforts for raising the status of women and for advancing their role in all issues related to women’s health and well being
2. Promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights and services through education, research and advocacy, as well as through the provision of access, quality, safe , sustainable and accountable comprehensive reproductive health services
3. Emphasizing the importance of achieving the Sustainable development goals by 2030 – AFOG is committed to be transformative in its efforts and in activities of SRHR to optimize economic, social and environmental gains as a continuum from the Millennium development goals
4. Continually upgrading the practice of gynecology and obstetrics through capacity building, research, advocacy maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, scientific and ethical standards
5. Improving communication with and between Member Societies in Africa through strengthening leadership, management, good practice and the promotion of policy dialogues
6. Strengthening capacities to enable societies to play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of sustainable programmes aimed at the improvement of care available to women, newborns, children and men particularly for marginalized underserved populations and at primary health care facilities